RENTAL SCREENING & PROCEDURES
FIRST RENT Property Management does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, disability, source of income, age, ancestry, citizenship, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, immigration status, primary language, and any other arbitrary basis (for example, Occupation or Veteran Status). We comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning Fair Housing.
- Each applicant must meet our guideline requirements.
- We will check your credit history, rental references, verify employment, and conduct a nationwide criminal background check to ensure that our rental criteria are met.
- This process may take 1 – 3 business days, depending on the availability of references. We will contact you via the listed email address as soon as a decision has been made. For denied application, please refer to the “Denial Policy” below.
- In the event of multiple equally qualified applicants, the first applicant that meets our criteria will have the first option. See the Rental Application Guidelines below for more specific information on the application process.
- Applicants must view the exterior and interior of the property or sign a “Sight Unseen” agreement before applying.
- All applicants – 18 years of age and older – must complete a separate application and pay the $49.00 non-refundable application fee.
- After approval of the application, we require a non-refundable holding deposit equal to ½ of one month’s rent. This deposit is required within 48 hours after your notice of approval. This holding deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE if you do not take possession of the rental home on the date stated in the rental agreement or decides that you no longer want to rent the house. Holding deposits can be paid via an online tenant portal, deposit funds into a ‘deposit only account’ at your local Wells Fargo Bank, or certified funds (cashier’s check or money order) made payable to FIRST RENT. Cash or personal checks are accepted only at Wells Fargo Banks.
- The applicant understands that once the application has been approved and the holding deposit has been paid, all advertising and showing of the property will cease. The property is held for the approved applicant. All other potential applicants will be turned away. Reminder, the holding deposit will become a part of the refundable security deposit once possession of the home is accepted. The security deposit is then refundable after the lease and once the tenants have moved out.
- All TENANTS are required to have renters insurance listing FIRST RENT and OWNER as “additional insured.”
- One year of verifiable rental or mortgage history from a current (non-family) third party is required.
- Eviction-free rental history is required.
- Any rental history reflecting past due rent, or an outstanding balance, will be denied.
- If a landlord gives a negative reference or refuses to reference it, the application is subject to denial.
- Three (3) or more 72-hour notices within one year will result in a denial.
- Three (3) or more NSF checks within one year will result in a denial.
- Three (3) or more late payments within one year will result in a denial.
- Rental history demonstrating noise or other documented complaints will result in a denial when the landlord would not re-rent.
- Must have given property notice to vacate to the previous landlord.
- Gross monthly household income (before taxes) must equal three times the stated monthly rent.
- Your total monthly obligations must not exceed 80% of your income.
- You must be able to prove at least one year of employment immediately preceding the date of your application.
- The following are acceptable proof of income:
- Currently employed
– Copy of most recent monthly and year-to-date earnings statement.
- Newly hired / job transfer
– A letter of hire and salary from an employer is required.
– Copy of last year’s IRS Tax Return includes Schedule C and a copy of current Profit and Loss Statement.
- Other income
– Legal documents such as court orders for child support or government documents verifying social security or welfare.
All information showing on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous address and place of employment, such as:
- late payments
- tax liens
- discharged bankruptcies.
Any applicant who has an open bankruptcy will automatically be denied; however, applicants with poor credit caused by foreclosure of their home and medical expenses may be accepted per final owner approval.
Credit Score Policy: To determine credit worthiness, we will be obtaining the applicant’s FICO score. Approval or denial of credit history may be based on the following criteria*:
|Good Credit:||700+||Approval at advertised deposit amount|
|Acceptable Credit:||671-699||Approval at advertised deposit amount plus an additional deposit equal to 1/2 month rent.|
|Marginal Credit:||650-670||Approval at advertised deposit amount plus an additional deposit equal to 1-month rent|
|Unacceptable Credit:||< 650||The application will be denied|
*FIRST RENT reserves the right to consider exceptions to the credit score policy in cases of medical bankruptcy or extraordinary circumstances. See rental listing ad for property-specific minimum credit score requirement.
The application will be denied for any felony conviction within less than five years from release. Felony convictions can cause denial; however, per Federal regulations, drug and alcohol use felonies can be waived with proper documentation. Regardless of conviction date, no applicant with a felony conviction for an act of violence, sex crime, or illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs will be accepted.
- If your application is denied due to negative and adverse information being reported, you should contact:
Western Reporting Background Screening Services
1787 E, Fort Union Blvd, Suite107
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
- If application denial is credit-related, contact the credit reporting agency listed on the denial letter to:
- Identify who is reporting unfavorable information
- Request a correction if the information being reported is incorrect.
Disabled Accessibility Statement
Disabled Accessibility Statement
FIRST RENT allows existing premises to be modified at the complete expense of the disabled person if the disabled person agrees to restore the premises (per Fair Housing guidelines) at their own expense to the pre-modified condition. We require:
- The applicant to seek the landlord’s written approval before making the modifications.
- Reasonable assurances (in writing) that any work will be performed professionally by a licensed professional.
- Reasonable details regarding the extent of the work to be done.
- Names of the qualified contractors that you are planning to use.
- Appropriate building permits and the required licenses must be made available for inspection by the landlord.
- A deposit for the restoration may be required.
If pets are negotiable at the subject property, tenants are required to sign a separate Pet Lease Addendum, which contains our restriction relating to pets. If the application is accepted, you will be required to pay an additional refundable deposit, and pet rent is subject to property.
Rental Application Guidelines
Rental Application Guidelines
Understanding and agreeing to the above, we require you (each adult) to provide the following information to begin the application process:
- APPLICATION FOR RENTAL – Each adult must fill out completely, then signed and dated.
- PAY STUBS – Submit copies of your two most recent pay stubs.
- W-2 or TAX RETURNS – Attach a copy of the last two year’s W-2 or Federal Income Tax Returns.
- BANK STATEMENT – Submit copies of your two most recent month’s bank statements, both personal and business.
- IDENTIFICATION – submit two forms of identification (each adult). One must be photo identification.
Failure to provide any requested information would deem the application incomplete, then therefore rejected. Applications fees are NOT refundable on rejected incomplete applications.
Our Service Areas
- Property Manager – San Diego
- Property Manager – La Jolla, CA
- Property Manager – Torrey Pines, CA
- Property Manager – Del Mar, CA
- Property Manager – Solana Beach, CA
- Property Manager – Rancho Santa Fe, CA
- Property Manager – Cardiff, CA
- Property Manager – Encinitas, CA
- Property Manager – Carlsbad, CA
- Property Manager – Oceanside, CA
- Property Manager – Vista, CA
- Property Manager – Escondido, CA
- Property Manager – Poway, CA
- Property Manager – Point Loma, CA
- Property Manager – Coronado, CA
- Property Manager – Orange County
- Property Manager – Laguna Niguel, CA
- Property Manager – Laguna Beach, CA
- Property Manager – Mission Viejo, CA
- Property Manager – Aliso Viejo, CA
- Property Manager – Laguna Hills, CA
- Property Manager – Laguna Woods, CA
- Property Manager – Dana Point, CA
- Property Manager – San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Property Manager – San Clemente, CA
- Property Manager – Lake Forest, CA
- Property Manager – Irvine, CA
- Property Manager – Costa Mesa, CA
- Property Manager – Newport Beach, CA
- Property Manager – Rancho Santa Margarita, CA